Beat the Winter Blues using Sauna with Chromotherapy
We’re heading into winter and for many people that brings the onset of “winter blues”, the very real condition of Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD). Many SAD sufferers find relief with bright light therapy, but others are unable to use bright light therapy for various sensitivity or medical reasons. That’s one of the many reasons why we have added Chromotherapy to our Sunlighten Sauna experience. The addition of Chromotherapy, or Color Therapy, to regular Far Infrared Sauna use can help balance the body’s energy wherever it is lacking. The benefits of Far Infrared Sauna with Chromotherapy include physical, emotional, mental and spiritual healing.
Chromotherapy is the science of using colors to adjust body vibrations to frequencies that result in health and harmony. Each color possesses frequencies of a specific vibration, and each vibration is related to different physical symptoms.
Our bodies need the sun’s light to live. And that light can actually be broken down into a seven color spectrum. An imbalance of any of those colors can manifest itself in physical and mental symptoms. Color therapy works on various energy points to help balance your body via the full spectrum of visible light, each color addressing a distinct need.
Color and light have been utilized by healers for thousands of years. Color therapy possibly has roots in Indian medicine (Ayurveda), ancient Egyptian culture and traditional Chinese healing.
Color therapy has been practiced throughout the world for centuries, and remains one of the most popular Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM) therapies available.
A Brief Overview of Colors used in Chromotherapy
Alternative medicine practitioners who use chromotherapy often relate the seven colors of the color spectrum to specific body areas.
- Red is believed to increase the pulse, raise blood pressure and increase the rate of breathing. Red would be applied to support circulatory and nervous functions.
- Strong Pink acts as a cleanser, strengthening veins and arteries.
- Pink activates and eliminates impurities in the bloodstream.
- Orange is a mixture of red and yellow. Activates and eliminates localized fat. Assists with asthma and bronchitis
- Strong Yellow strengthens the body and activates internal tissues.
- Yellow, the brightest color used in chromotherapy, has been used to purify the skin, help with indigestion, strengthen the nervous system, treat glandular diseases, hepatitis and lymphatic disorders and assist metabolism.
- Green, a color associated with harmony, provides a neutral, positive calming effect.
- Strong Green provides anti-infectious, anti-septic and regenerative stimulation.
- Strong Blue lubricates joints, helps address stress, nervous tension and infections.
- Blue promotes relaxation and calm. Blue exhibits tranquilizing qualities often used to relieve headaches and migraines, colds, stress, nervous tension, rheumatism, stomach pains, muscle cramps and liver disorders. Blue is thought to have a positive effect on all kinds of pain.
- Indigo is used to address conditions involving the eyes, ears and nose. It has a calming, sedative effect.
Violet is used to calm the nervous system, soothe organs and relax muscles. Violet has meditative qualities and is often used to treat conditions of the lymphatic system and spleen, as well as urinary disorders and psychosis.